Thursday, April 19, 2007

Nap Nap Time


This is so cute I just had to blog it before I forget...

Our morning routine is this:

0730 we take the boys to school

0800 Play time

0900 Nap Nap time/Blog time for Mommy :) - well this morning I was on the phone with my Mom and at 0850 as Jaiden was playing with a plastic Easter egg she suddenly squealed and flopped herself down on the floor in a mini fit. My mom said "What happened?" I said "oh something didn't work right with her egg" *the mommy alert that a nap is in the near future...so I go to get her bottle ready and before I get it poured she's alread found her blankie, has her binkie and leads me to her room; where she climbed up into her bed by herself! (She has a toddler bed now that we moved into our new house and converted her crib into Jared's bed since it was originally his crib) This is the first time she has initiated nap nap - she's always been a good napper and doesn't ever complain when it's time but she has never actually gotten into bed on her own. My baby girl is growing up!

Tommorrow she will be 16 months. I can't believe how fast time has gone by! Last night she had a tough time sleeping because she's got two (or four?) new teeth coming through - back molars and they are giving her lots of pain. I've been trying ice, lot's of baby ambasol, teething tablets, rubbing her gums etc...but last night nothing was comforting except laying against my shoulder and having her back rubbed.

This is another first since she hardly ever wants to be held at night and will scream bloody murder if I try to rock or cradle her in my arms. It was a very special time and I think at moments like these that she may be actually warming up to me...something I've wondered still since she usually pushes me away (when I try to hug her) and still hasn't said "Mommy". I know when she does it will be a special gift and I know she has a lot to work out in her mind that she is still adjusting to our new life together. She doesn't like me to be out of her sight and gets very jealous when her big brother Jared climbs into my lap or hugs me so I know there is some sort of territorial feelings there...which hopefully will grow into unconditional love and she will want and need me just as much as I've always wanted and needed her.

7 comments:

Jewels of My Heart said...

Ok! How did you do that????!!!!!
LOL Your blog looks GREAT! I love it! You were just on my site asking... how do you do that and now here you are all decked out in new blog atire while I still can't figure out how to redesign mine. lol
I am soooooooooo IMPRESSED.
Your little sweet dreams sign is too cute.

Kristy said...

Beee-u-ta-ful! Your blog, your daughter, YOU !! What a sweet blog. Thanks for 'stopping by' my little corner of cyberspace!
Blessings ~

C's Mom said...

Time marches on...sometimes it seems like it is just running by. Your baby has a toddler bed already! Wow.

Jewels of My Heart said...

I love your little one's gotcha and referral photos... She is absolutely darling. We are blessed among the blessed. Thanks for the compliment about my blog. It is taking me forever to figure it out... I can't figure out how to get rid of the little pictures of tools on it though. Any ideas??? Have a great weekend.

crazylady said...

Wow, beautifully cute new additions to your family... Jaiden and Chloe!!
Did some surfin' on your blog...loving the 'skettie' shots, though, I did sense my pulse rising.
Bath bubble shots always a hit.
Thanks for cruisin' my site and leaving me some mail.
Sincerely,
Senja.
Fellow 35 y.old cancerian boar (zodiac...that is..not calling you fat) :o)

Elizabeth said...

hey thanks for stopping by my blog. What a gorgeous little one you have. I too am blessed with a good sleeper (thank you gods!). I'll check back on you and your little one again.

Steffie B. said...

They grow up so fast don't they? She is such a cutie!