Monday, December 17, 2007

Chicken Soup

Sorry there haven't been any updates lately. We have been having a pretty busy month already. We went to visit family over the weekend and Saturday morning my hubbies grandma (his Mom's mom) passed away. It was good that we were there, his mom needs all the support she can get, she just lost her husband (Scotts dad) this spring. So in the midst of all the other chaos that our life has become this past month (I don't think I've been home but maybe one weekend in months) we will be attending a funeral on Thursday. That is also Jaiden's 2nd birthday so not sure how that will get squeezed in there. Right now it's looking like the two of us won't be making it back for the funeral. We came back home yesterday and Jaiden was coughing all the way home. By the time we made it (3.5 hour drive) she was burning up with fever and coughing so much she was throwing up. We have kept her fever at bay with Motrin, I've stayed with her all through the day and while the motrin was working, she was her happy go lucky smiling self but when the fever kicks in she is so sad looking that it almost rips my heart right out to see her like that. If she doesn't start feeling better by evening we will be making a trip to the ER. If anyone has been through these symptoms; fever and a cough please let me know what I can do to make her feel better. She is still drinking some milk but has not eaten or drank very much all day.

7 comments:

prechrswife said...

When it rains, it pours...

Poor Miss Jaiden--I hope she feels better very soon. That just sounds no fun at all... I'm glad she likes her birthday card. Elmo is a favorite around here, too. Mary Joyce was very distraught that the party decorations went away when she took her nap Saturday afternoon. :-)

Jewels of My Heart said...

I hope your little sweeting is better soon. I will be praying for her. I am sorry for your loss. I hope Jaiden will still have a happy birthday.
God Bless

rgshrs said...

Prayers are with you. For Jaiden to bounce be back and be her smiling self very soon. And for you and your whole family.

Anonymous said...

Kim, I am sorry you guys keep getting hit from all angles. Providence is sometimes a tricky thing, luckily it is not for our finite minds to always understand. Your family is always in my thoughts and prayers.

Steffie B. said...

So sorry for you loss.....hang in there with Jaiden.....the crud is going around right now!

kitchu said...

Sorry for your loss and that Jaiden is feeling so sick. Hope she is better soon- it's definitely that time of year!

prechrswife said...

Kim--How is Jaiden doing?