Monday, October 23, 2006

Jaiden's special day

We had a Homecoming Celebration yesterday with just a few close friends to introduce our daughter and thank everyone for being a part of our adoption experience. It went very well but I now know why parents shouldn't do their own baby showers.

We had about 27 all together with 16 adults and 11 kids - starting from 2 on to around 8 pm. Jaiden LOVED all the attention and couldn't get enough of being held. She was in her groove all smiles and laughter the whole evening.

This morning getting ready for school she had a major meltdown when I had to put her in the exersaucer and help Jared get ready for school. After an entire day of being Miss Center of the Universe she was none too happy to go back to her everyday routine toys - ooooh no! She wanted to be held - soon as I picked her up the tears stopped and her smile returned. She's rotten to the core! Pampered Princess thru and thru. I love to hold her but there is no getting anything done when I do because it takes two hands to hold all that floppsiness and energy. She is quite a workout! I've got to find a way to get her better aclimated to playing with her toys and let mommy not be the jungle gym for a while. It's exhausting but in a good way :) I've been dreaming of this for too many years to complain! I'm just glad that the only quirk in this sweet sweet child is that she was loved a bit too much. I think we can live with that :)

3 comments:

C's Mom said...

I would say that's an awesome problem to have!

rgshrs said...

So glad that the Celebration went well. I have no doubt that Jaiden enjoyed all the attention. Julia's feeling the lack of cousins and uncles this week after our trip to Maine so I can relate. pampered?? maybe but that's why we went and got them right? LOL take care, I'm sure they'll both settle back into routines soon. at least I hope they do!!

Chelley said...

Wow sounds like time really has been flying since you guys got home!!!

BUT we need more PHOTO updates!!! heheheheh

Chelley
http://chelleyau.blogspot.com/