Thursday, September 07, 2006

What a day!!!

Just when we think it's all coming together...

- We find out our tickets were not confirmed because we need to contact the bank and increase our limit - it seems they will only allow so much of OUR money to be spent at a time without their permission :(

- We get our fingerprints update today :)

- We get our employment letters notarized :)

at 1205 - We find out that FEDeX has our passports on their truck and on their way to our house :)

- We are not at our house and no one is home :( so Scott races home only to have missed the truck by about 5 minutes...:(

- We contact the bank and they extend our withdrawal amount so we can purchase tickets only to find that Air China needs a paper ticket and there is no time to get it mailed to us before we travel so we need to make a 4 hour drive to the airport to purchase the ticket before the hold expires...but someone has to be here when FedEx arrives tommorrow :(

- Our agency calls and tells us we cannot travel without TA - which they have not sent to us yet and will get it in the mail today and it would arrive MAYBE on Monday (the day we scheduled to travel) and also we cannot wire money at this time because it takes up to 3 weeks to wire funds to China!

So we have no tickets, we have no money, we have no TA and we have no passports!

*and my little world that was once spinning like a top came to a complete and totally devestating crush point just now so I feel broken into pieces and don't know what to do. Can we still make it to China this week? Will we meet our daughter? Please pray with us that everything that has fallen apart will fall back into place again. Miracles happen! We truly need one right about now.

5 comments:

Suz said...

Oh my goodness, I don't know what to say because I don't fully understand how China adoption works, just know that I'm praying for you here in Texas!!

Tamara said...

Oh Kim- what a horribly frustrating and heart breaking day! I'm so sorry. I will definately pray for you as your time to get your precious daughter gets close. Things HAVE to get better!

rgshrs said...

Oh Kim. I feel just awful for you. What a terribly up and down (and mostly down) day you've had. We will definitely be praying for a miracle for you, that some how, some way it will work out. I'm so sorry.

Hugs.

C's Mom said...

You've got my prayers girl! I really believe it WILL come together.

Chelley said...

total huge prayers coming your way!

Tommorrow is a new day and I pray that everything will fall INTO place!!!!
big big big HUGZ!!!!