Tuesday, November 21, 2006

kisses

OK ya'll - before you start thinkin Jaiden really don't like us I'd better update. Friday night was a ladies night and the girls were on fire - Jaiden was burning up with fever and so we were up together most of the night keeping the flames at bay with motrin and a cool cloth. She is cutting her top toothies and they are giving her heck but she never did cry she just fussed a bit. She didn't even want her binkie because her throat was too sore to suck on it...so we just cuddled and rocked the night away.

We had a lazy weekend just being good and lazy. Never getting out of our jammas and veggin in front of the tv all weekend.

Sunday night Jaiden made this sound with her tongue - a kiss sound I had to go run and get the camera to get it but I will have to somehow magnify her and cut me trying to get her to repeat it over and over. It's the cutest sound and I don't know how she does it - kinda clucks with her tongue and upper lip but it sounds like a pucker kiss. It's soooo cute! So it's not quite my first kiss but it will do. It seems that she is growing attached after all and she definitely likes having me around even when I make her mad sometimes. Sometimes she just gets a little overwhelmed with it all and I need to let her take it all in at her pace. She has been adjusting so well to us and it melts my heart every day when her face lights up in an ear to ear smile and she gives a happy squeal when I walk through the door.

3 comments:

digging a hole to China said...

Glad you had a good weekend. We go back and forth with Aidyn too. She seems attached to us when we are around strangers. everyone comments about how she knows who her family is. she won't let other people hold her. but at home she still cries so much. i end up wearing her a lot in an infant carrier. and i've spent a lot of time forcing her to look at me in the mirror or face to face. she usually pushes away but i keep trying. i wrap her up tight in my arms and make her hold close to me. she usually hates it. i'm really ready for this stage to pass and for her to be happier with more consistency. i'm never sure if a day will be all tears or just some tears. i'm hoping that once she is mobile she will cry less.

marsha

Chelley said...

Thinking of you all hoping that those little teeth make there way though!!

hugz

Anonymous said...

It is good that you are so observant of how she is coming along with attachment rather than just assuming everything will come in its own time. My youngest really resisted eye contact for a while, too (not with STRANGERS, just with family).

I think she will do fine...because she has an intuitive mother who will see to it that she reaches full attachment. Children are all so different. Attachment is STILL an issue of concern to me with our eight year old (two and a half years after joining our family). He has come a LONG ways...but he hasn't gotten all the way there yet. It can be a slow process.