Thursday, October 18, 2007

Ideas for a party?

Ok, it's getting closer and closer to time to prepare for Jaiden's second birthday. It's in December and it falls on a Thursday so I am not sure what to do. I've been thinking My Little Pony tea party but not sure if that would be a little too mature for her just yet.

She is just starting to like dollies. The sweetest moments come when a Mommy watches her daughter hold her "baby" for the first time and the ever so adorable way she cradles her baby in her arms and tucks her gently in with her favorite blankie. Thats when I start to think maybe, just maybe I haven't totally messed up in this job of parenting as it sometimes seems.

What are some good toys out on the market? We haven't purchased many toys since birthday and Christmas came in the same week...and we had two years to stockpile before that. Now its time to upgrade from the baby toys. We would love to get her a Power Wheels car but since it will be too cold to get outside, that isn't exactly practical. So we are looking for ideas for inside play that doesn't take up tooo much room....and something she would actually maybe play with. Any favorite recommendations?

*Update 10/24/07 I ordered Jaiden an "Emo" from Amazon. Not the talking kind, just a cuddly one since she is getting more into dollies now. She loves Jared's piggy that we got at Kohl's and I wish I'd gone back and gotten her one as she is becoming quite attached to it and so is Jared...so he doesn't like to share it very often. Thanks Dusty, I think Elmo is a great birthday idea. Can I steal from you? I think this is something Jaiden would love. Everytime she is on my lap when we "shop" Amazon and come across an Elmo, she starts clapping and bouncing with joy. There are some cute Elmo birthday items on birthdayinabox dot com.

4 comments:

Steffie B. said...

How about dress up clothes, puzzles art stuff? Sophia loved all that stuff at 2.

Verna said...

Dress up clothes is a great idea. Mya loved puzzles and still does. One of our favorites, was the swing that I hung from the rafters in the laundry room. We spent a lot of time in there until Mya just kind of grew out of the idea. Will be using it again when Noah comes home.

prechrswife said...

I think we are going to do a doll bed for the big birthday toy, and a kitchen set for Christmas. (As you know, we have the same issue with birthday and Christmas.) We are planning to do an Elmo birthday party for Mary Joyce. Last year, we did Baby Einstein because she wasn't old enough to have much input, but she really likes her "Ehm" (Elmo).

prechrswife said...

I don't mind sharing a party theme at all. :-) We'll have to compare Elmo party pictures at the end of birthday week. :-)