Thursday, October 25, 2007

Waiting for someone to love them

http://www.mnadopt.org/WaitingChildren.asp

Check out this link. This is the children in Minnesota that are currently available for adoption. When I breezed through it yesterday, Nathan is the one that caught my eye and pulled at my heartstrings, well they all did of course and I wish I could bring them all home with me but little Nathan...I don't know, he looks a bit like Jared. There is only a side glimpse of him in the photo, he seems to be a very busy little guy, much like Jared. I think they could be great pals.

Every time I look at these links my heart just breaks for each and every child that needs a home. The domestic adoption process is not easy, we've been down this road before twice already and didn't get anywhere. I'm finding that adoption here is not going to be a walk in the park either, there is very little information available and there doesn't seem to be many resources to find out anything towards getting started. I've already had the greater Grand Forks door slammed in my face yesterday when the lady said that because we live on the Minnesota side, the North Dakota office cannot help us. The only offices I've found so far in MN is located in Minneaopolis. I'm currently trying to find an agency that will help with getting a homestudy update. Also, not sure how we would finance another adoption right now.

Daycare is currently taking up a huge percentage of our income....thus the reason for not pursuing another baby at this time. I love babies, and if God blesses us with another then I know we will do fine but right now at the precarious place we are at with pre-retirement looming on the nearby horizon, we just can't afford to do the diapers and childcare routine x 2.

I'm really feeling the pull to act now. Its stronger than ever before and I pray that we can work through the hurdles before us to bring our children home.


(Match 64 of 152)
Name:Nathan (3094)
Age:5
Has Siblings:No

Nathan is very cute and likes to stay busy. Typically his a happy little guy. Nathan has severe special needs globally with his development and communication and will require intensive therapy to help him. Nathan enjoys many activities typical of children his age. He likes to ride his bike, play with trains, watch Bob the Builder, and listen to music. Nathan is improving in his social skills but struggles to communicate with spoken language. We are looking for a family that is structured and patient. Nathan really thrives on structure and routine. A family must be willing to make a long-term commitment to supporting Nathan because it is likely he will have long-term struggles.

*Does anyone know what severe special needs globally could mean?

3 comments:

Kylie's momma said...

WoW Kim! Sounds like a real challenge on all sides. Have youlooked into foster care? A great way to help raise children (lots of them if you can) and move thru some of the red tape? Good luck! PS> Jason is a real cutie. Lots of them are truly precious! Hope they find homes fast! Good luck again!

Tamara said...

I have an ache in my heart to be a foster parent. Maybe sometime down the road, I feel like I have my plate full right now, but I know what you mean, it really pulls on your heartstring.

Anonymous said...

globally delayed means that ther are severe delays in EVERY aspcet of development. My foster son was 'diagnosed' as being severly globally delayed. He did not walk or talk as of 20 months old. (not a word)