Wednesday, August 15, 2007

This was supposed to have been simple....




Ok, I am going to post my original inspiration, which at the time that I spotted it in Target seemed simple enough...but with some modifications here and some inspiration there, has turned into quite an endeavor.

Cute right? Simple too. Not only that, a kid could draw these out in about 5 minutes...and have them colored in 10. Well, it's taken me days.

I kinda fell in love with some of the other art around these prints so I kinda incorporated it into the painting too. The three trio flowers are inspiration #2...and that's where things started getting interesting




P.S. NOooooo I can't give you a sneek peak - I already have a hard enough time letting my family see it. It feels like its being jinkzed and I am going to over analysz it again and then it's never going to get done...I just wanted to paint a simple flower! I know nothing about art (the good kind) you know that kind where the artist actually has something called talent. I just splatter globs of paint around and it helps me to relax. This week it hasn't helped much. I have PMS in addition to Jaiden's teething issues. Too much fun in one house I tell ya! Have you ever had one of those days when you get dropped "the bomb" out of nowhere and you're totally unprepared? That was my day today. Great. Fun. Total Exhuberation. I felt like a duck walking around today if you know what I mean. I didn't do much walking around that's for sure.

Thank you very very much for visiting me. I was feeling very much alone and in the dumps the past few days and I've missed you. I will be back soon and can't wait to catch up. Thanks for being supportive :) It means so much!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the project will be beautiful, but I just had to say how pretty that little girl is. I love her sweet smile ;)

rgshrs said...

I have to agree with you, looking at the pictures, I'm thinking the same thing you did... "yeah, I could do that"... but I KNOW I would be just as self criticizing (we are our own worst critics as you know!) and agonizing over it as you are. So I feel for you!! hang in there and I'm sure they'll be great.

I have to also agree with the previous comment, Jaiden's smile just makes me want to smile too. It's infectious in such a good way!!

Take care!!

redmaryjanes said...

How are you doing? It sounds like you may be a little blue. It's going around, but hang in there. Thank you for your wonderful comments.

Kylie's momma said...

Hang in there Kim! Anxious to see your masterpieces! Susan who is SO NOT ARTISTIC...so You GO girl!

Jewels of My Heart said...

I love the flowers... can't wait to see your creations.