Monday, July 23, 2007

Going to Gramma's

*Jaiden with her big sister Sarah (Sarah lives with her mom in Missouri but flew in to visit Gramma for the weekend)

Ok, we are back from our trip to Gramma's - it was fun to see family again and we celebrated our nieces birthday late Fri night.

Saturday the babes went to cusins house while the older broads + Cody went with Gramma shopping. It was fun, and Cody is a very tolerant young man - he was very good natured about following us around town to "old lady stores" as he put it (later) not within hearing of Gramma of course. We were searching for accesories for Grammas house to go with her new paint job in her living room. She found some really cute things to go with her Tuscany decor.


We finished up at Kohls (my favorite store) where I stored some major savings on back to school clothes for Jared and found some nice chair pads for the dining room table for only $6 ea! Oh and chocolate colored towels for Cody's bathroom that were normally $45 just $15 ea - they are sooooo soft!

Sat night Jared had a bit of tummy ache which kept us all up most of the night so we were more than ready to head home Sunday even though it meant saying an early farewell to Sarah. We never get to spend enough time with her. Jared threw up twice on the way home and then slept the whole day and well into the night so today I let him stay home with Cody and he slept most of the day away but is once more feeling himself again this afternoon.

Did we make it to the concert....? Yes! Yes, we did! it was so much fun! We liked Little Big Town a lot - they opened the show. Martina sang a lot of older songs and really jacked up my favorite (I have been blessed) by singing it into another song and the band kept playing the other song...it was annoying on the ears. boy she sure can belt it though! I was mega impressed how she could sing so long and put so much passion into it. Of course the concert ended with "Independence Day" we should have known...but it was fun anyway. She opened the concert with my current favorite "Anyway" there were many songs that I wish she had sang and many I wished she hadn't but hey - the concert was fun and it was free so I cannot complain. She is still a classic.

oh and to top it off - Saturday at Walmart I scored a copy of the Deathly Hollows for only $17.95 and much to my mother in laws horror (I've never read any of the other books) I read the last paragraph first! Cody has been a big fan since around 7 when the first book came out - and he went from not being able to read to speed reading these monster books almost overnight. I've never attempted to read one yet because I have this thing with reading books and then having to WAIT for the next one to come out. It drives me nuts. I have to know if I'm going to like the book first or if it is going to be a wast of my time, because if I actually take the time to sit and read a book and then it has a poor ending then I get really annoyed and usually takes me a long time to pick up another book. If I find a good read, I get consumed and have to finish it before I come back to "reality" so in order for me to start the Harry Potter series I needed to know if it was going to be worth it. I say much to my MIL's horror because she was so upset when I flipped right to the back of the book and started reading - she is an avid book lover and has never ever in all the years she's been reading looked ahead to the ending of a book.


Well, I won't give it away but I liked it enough to want to start the series from the beginning. Now I would like to hear from those that have read from beginning to end - what did you think?

6 comments:

Steffie B. said...

Sounds like a fabulous time all the way around! ;)

redmaryjanes said...

Hi there! Look at your beautiful family. I'm going to e-mail you Elizabeth's Baby Shower info.

Emmie said...

Sounds like a fun weekend for sure!

Steffie B. said...

Beautiful girls!

Verna said...

Wow, a packed weekend! Glad you made it to the concert. Too bad big sis doesn't live closer. Our 16 and 3 are really buddies not to mention the baby sitter factor. Anyway, I'm not a HP fan but my 16 yr old is. Haven't heard if she has gotten the new one yet. Will have to inquire. SHe is VERY busy with friends this summer.

rgshrs said...

Wow, what a time you had!! Sounds great! As for Harry Potter? Huge fan! Love them all, book 6 was my least favorite but 7 redeemed everything as far as I was concerned. (yes I finished it early Sunday morning. ;) Shame on you for skipping but I get your point I guess. Anyways. happy reading from here on out! lol.