Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Birthday America!!!

We celebrated today the traditional American way. Dressed in hues of red, white and blue we went downtown and walked in a parade and then had lemonaid, popcorn and a caramel apple. I painted the kids faces with flags, fireworks and a ladybug for Jaiden. It was a GORGEOUS day, bright sunshine and a beautiful blue sky and as we were standing on the pavement waiting for the parade to begin it was a bit hot - the kids were roasting (me I was in HEAVEN) Downtown was pretty crowded and there was a line for just about everything, including food so we let Jared jump in the bouncy castle for a while, looked over a few of the antique cars (loved that the 71 corvette was right beside the 66 mustang fastback - mine and Scott's favorite cars and birthyears, well almost...Scott is 67) We discovered today that we do share one thing in common - we love Martina McBride (she will be here in concert this month) but we do NOT like the song Independence Day...not sure why but that came out in conversation today as we were discussing concerts and why I would rather go to a Nickelback rather than McBride concert...much to the amazement of my teen son whom thinks I am soooo old and not cool most of the time.

I am trying to make another video - some of us playing around in the yard yesterday and of the parade today. There is one of Jaiden in her room - please excuse the mess - it's almost a "where's Jaiden?" as she is camoflauged in toys. Can you find her? Hope you all had a special day with loved ones and friends. I will sit here, with my milk and Kaluha and reminisck as I catch up on what ya'll have been up to...

3 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

The video turned out great! Thanks for sharing!

Tamara said...

Love the video. I can so identify with the lying in the ground fussing! These little girls love to get their way!

Jewels of My Heart said...

Darling as always. Reminds me of Hannah with the hose. lol