Thursday, July 26, 2007

Some photos of our day :)












I took the day off because 1) I didn't think I'd be up for a day of work after taking Cody to see Nickleback Tues night (great concert!) 2) it was our 12th anniversary


Hubs had to work so I spent the day with the kiddos instead of him but the day was gorgeous - sunny and warm so I ran out to my deck chair every time I got the chance so by midafternoon I was getting pretty pink :0)


During one of my solor sessions Jared comes running out to say "Mom! We need to bake a cake cuz I haven't had cake in 100 years!!!!" So, on one of the hottest days of the year we bake a cake. It turned out rather yummy too, it's my first double decker that didn't flop. I like to "whip it" (the mix) for 2 minutes and that makes the cake come out so moist and fluffy that it practically melts in your mouth. It was chocolate fudge and I used peanut butter for the writing. Hubs and I went out to a cozy local pub for a quiet dinner and then came home and had cake with the kiddos. The greatest day ever!


7 comments:

Steffie B. said...

Well how fun for you....and the kiddos....AND the hub! ;)

Kim said...

now how do I get the words to wrap around my photos??? I stink at this!

rgshrs said...

That cake looks YUMMY! And Jaiden looks so happy with the boys and you and Scott are just too cute together!!! So glad you had such a good day!

C's Mom said...

Beautiful piccies!

A sunny day off is always a good thing ;0)

Verna said...

Sounds like a very memorable day. Those are so terrific to have. Can you package up some of that cake? I'd love a piece. mmmmmm. . . delicious!

redmaryjanes said...

I love how happy you all are! Great celebration!

Kim said...

I'd love to share the anni cake but I'm afraid I ate the last bite...how about I make another and we can eat it together?